The Board of Directors of Johnson Tiles considers matters of health and safety as fundamental to the Company’s success and growth and is committed to giving active support to ensure that this principle is carried out in practice. We believe that effective health and safety management contributes to the performance of the business by reducing injuries, ill health, unnecessary losses and liability. This policy will be consistent with the commitments expressed in the Norcros plc Group Health & Safety Policy.
We will take all necessary steps to comply with the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, all other UK and European legislation and standards affecting our activities, together with any future standards of protection. Using the principle of continuous improvement, the Company is committed to achieving levels of control beyond those of purely legal compliance.
We undertake, as far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our employees and of others who may be affected by our operations, such as members of the public, contractors and visitors, by taking all necessary reasonable steps and, in particular, by providing:
- A safe and healthy working environment with safe plant and safe systems of work.
- A safe place of work with safe means of access and egress.
- Safe working practices, adequate supervision and, where deemed necessary, provision of personal protective equipment.
- Safe use, storage, handling and transport of goods and materials.
- Information, instruction, training to our employees at all levels to ensure competence and awareness of health and safety hazards in order to minimise the risk of injury to our employees and to others.
- Health surveillance, where necessary, and health advice through the Occupational Health Department.
- A copy of the Health & Safety Policy for each employee.
- Specialist health & safety advice to support the implementation of this policy.
We will ensure that all necessary resources are provided in the areas of health, safety, welfare, engineering, technology and training as are necessary to enable those with specific duties to effectively discharge the responsibilities laid upon them within this policy.
We will ensure that effective assessments are made of all significant risks, that suitable risk controls and protective measures are implemented and monitoring is undertaken to maintain standards.
We will seek to develop active co-operation and input of all employees in improving standards of health, safety and welfare at all times. We will maintain a health & safety committee incorporating Trades Union health & safety representatives and other employees of all levels.
This policy, its underlying procedures, the organisation designed to accomplish it and the effectiveness of its implementation will be monitored and reviewed by the Health & Safety Committee. This policy document will be revised and updated as necessary.
Download Health & Safety PDF